Fishing advice

S

Sombrero

Don't know why, but I've decided to take up fishing.

One of my uncles (who died last year) was a mad keen fisherman, and I remember going with him as a teenager and being bored whitless. But I've suddenly caught the bug and want to get on a river bank.
I think now the kids are growing up, I'm finding I have more spare time.

Anyone got any tips? i.e. what kit to buy first?

Sponsored Links
Go sea fishing.
Riverbanks are for retired plumbers and big girls blouses.

Go sea fishing.
Riverbanks are for retired plumbers and big girls blouses.

I'm a big girls' blouse who wants some peace and quiet at the weekend.

Methinks I should steer clear of sea fishing for a while !

Any fishermen (or women) out there?

Sponsored Links
I sometimes catch a live one in GD.

Oh Bean... you're deluded mate..... you think you've "trolled" me when I speak to you ffs !

I'm a friendly bloke, and this forum is like a flea market... lots of dross with the odd golden nugget.

You remind me of that simple guy who get's a job at the local cafe and doesn't say much, but thinks he's got a new best friend when the tall bloke that comes in for his ham salad on brown, says hello to him 2 days in a row !!

Now can we get back to the fisher people... I'd appreciate some advice about what kit to buy please...

Oh Bean... you're deluded mate..... you think you've "trolled" me when I speak to you ffs !

I'm a friendly bloke, and this forum is like a flea market... lots of dross with the odd golden nugget.

You remind me of that simple guy who get's a job at the local cafe and doesn't say much, but thinks he's got a new best friend when the tall bloke that comes in for his ham salad on brown, says hello to him 2 days in a row !!

Now can we get back to the fisher people... I'd appreciate some advice about what kit to buy please...

WTF ???:eek: :eek:

WTF ???:eek: :eek:

Go to bed mate.....or talk about fishing?

If you live in the Bristol area I would suggest going to the lake at the bottom of my road and spending some time with the anglers, my mate across the road is on the committee so if you are interested give me a nudge and I'll introduce you, or send me pound notes if you prefer.. :LOL: :LOL:

Martian's obviously the tall one in his fantasy, debonair James Bond type no doubt. You're the brusher up and I would probably be the binman. :LOL: :LOL:

You just quoted freddy and called ME a troll you f*ckstick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was just about to give you some valuable advice. Won't bother now.

If you live in the Bristol area I would suggest going to the lake at the bottom of my road and spending some time with the anglers, my mate across the road is on the committee so if you are interested give me a nudge and I'll introduce you, or send me pound notes if you prefer.. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Pred... there are a few large waterways around here.... think I might google fishing clubs in my area...

Any thoughts on what kit to buy?

You just quoted freddy and called ME a troll you f*ckstick. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was just about to give you some valuable advice. Won't bother now.

Lol... that's hilarious ! !!!!!!!!! LMFAO !!!!!! .... (seriously one of the best posts on here in months !... I'm actually chuckling out loud in my own dining room !!!!)....

Sponsored Links
Back