Fishing advice

Do you eat fish JBR? If so, how do feel about fish caught in a trawl net/long line being gutted while alive.

Sponsored Links
Do you eat fish JBR? If so, how do feel about fish caught in a trawl net/long line being gutted while alive.

I rarely eat meat, but occasionally eat fish.

Every time I do, I wish they could be stunned or killed as soon as they are caught, but I suppose money is more important to most people.

Poor fish. :(

You may wish, but they are not. I eat meat, be it fish, cow, pig, sheep etc.... Meat is murder (yeah, the Smiths...) and if you eat it, I don't think you can make differences.

Sponsored Links
We, like all living things, have to eat. Although I'm an 'almost vegetarian', I recognise that meat and fish are very important foodstuffs. My point is that animals that must be killed for food should be killed in as humane a way as possible (which is why I have criticised halal and kosher practices on other threads). Killing animals for entertainment (bullfighting and fox hunting, for example) is despicable.

Now to get off my high horse (no, I'm not a fox hunter) I suppose that fishing, whether for food or for sport, would be OK if fish, as has been suggested, feel no pain. If you google the subject, though, it appears that the jury is still out on that point.

Interestingly, Germany of all places has outlawed certain types of fishing.

Back