Fit Honeywell 927 Wireless Thermostat With Existing Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advise me how to do the following as all of the quotes I've had to do the work have been ridiculous - one quote was £340!!

I need to install a Honeywell 927 wireless receiver so that I can still use my existing Potterton EP2002 programmer. I plan to run the central heating setting on the existing programmer on constant & use the new wireless programmer instead as the central heating timer - I want to keep the existing programmer so I can still program the hot water.

I have a Potterton Suprima boiler which is located in my kitchen. The Potterton programmer is situated just beneath it. My current thermostat is a Potterton PRT 100 dial which is on the lounge wall - obviously I need to remove that as part of this project (I assume that's as simple as capping off the wires?).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I've got little wiring experience but I'm quite good at DIY in general so hopefully I can do this...!!

Sponsored Links
Simple job, IF you are competent on working with 230V.

Disconnect the wires from the roomstat in the wiring centre.
Connect the switch wires from the wireless base unit to wiring centre. (Usually no earth needed )
Connect the live wires from the wireless stat to an appropriate source.

Once it is working, set the CH and DHW to come on at different times; you will notice a vastly improved performance that way. ( provided the system in itself works correctly )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back