1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fit shower splash screen non-perpendicular to wall for P bath

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by amjl2000, 18 Aug 2021.

1. amjl2000

amjl2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looking at getting a P shaped bath. The large curved screens don't cover enough so am instead thinking of a narrow glass splash guard by the wall and a shower curtain.

Do you think it would look awful for a 200mm wide screen to be installed around 20degrees from the perpendicular to almost follow the curve of the bath.
    Have you any suggestion of what could be used to create the 20degree angle... I'm thinking some kind of wedge shaped piece of material.

note, current bath plan is Roca Giralda Right Hand Shower Bath 1700mm

Thanks

2. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you're gonna have a curtain then you can get a curved one that follows the exact profile of the bath.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. amjl2000

amjl2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks, yes we do already have a curved curtain rail - the problem is getting the curtain all the way to the wall, and the inevitable gap at the bottom that the kids wont cover up when they shower, and water leaks out
    (I have seen plastic sausages that you can stick on the rim of the bath by the wall that would stop some of the leakage, but I thought a narrow glass panel would look neater).

5. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The bottom of the curtain hangs below the edge of the bath on the inside, what gap at the bottom?

6. Sponsored Links