Fitted new bath/shower taps, now bath not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the bath taps with a one of those bath & goose neck shower attachment fittings. The installation was easy but the bath is now now level.

It's like the threads on the new fittings are about 1/4 inch shorter than the existing ones and thus, as the nuts are tightened and the pipework will not move, the front of the bath is being pulled down by about 1/4 inch.

This means that shower. water is gathering against the wall rather than running off into the bath.

How can I get round this?

Both hot and cold come through the wall where the airing cupboard is. The pipes have an elbow with about 8" vertical leading to the tap fittings.

Should I:

a) Split the pipes on the vertical section (such that the bath will ping up! ) and fit a collar over them
b) Cut off on the horizontal section, ditch the elbow and vertical and replace with plastic push fit pipping

I don't fancy soldering as the bath is in-situ. Option b) sounds the easiest unless there is another way?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back