Fitted wardrobe end pieces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Forum newbie here. I'm installing some MFI fitted wardrobes (not the "framed" i.e. full floor to ceiling, wall to wall types) and wondered what's the best way to fit the decorative end pieces to achieve a flush fit against the bedroom wall.

Also, what's the best way to cut the wood as I have to modify a standard "worktop" piece (not as thick as a kitchen worktop) to build a dressing table into an alcove.

Cheers for any help

Dobbo :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Dobbo
First cut the panel floor to ceiling height. If fitting onto carpet you may have to add a few mm so it is fairly tight.
Make sure that the wardrobe is vertacal.
Measure the distance from the wall to the front of the wardrobe at two points, One near the top and one near the bottom (above the skirting).
Transfer these two distances to the panel at the same heights you took the measurements.
Set a compass to the bottom distance and adjust the panel at the top until the compass is on the top mark.
draw a pencil line down the wall and it should pass the two marks you have made, Keep the compass horizontal the whole way down and continue carefully around any picture rail, skirting etc.
Cut the panel using a downward cutting jigsaw blade (Bosche BR101).
Use the same blade on the worktop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back