floor-ceiling wardrobe without drilling into ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'd really love to put some fitted wardrobes in my new bedroom, theres a little space which is asking for it!
I'm a DIY newbie and so far it looks like I'll have to drill something into the ceiling, and i really cant/dont want to
so im wondering if theres a way around having to drill into the ceiling, perhaps drilling and fitting two pieces of wood to the walls either end and then doing something - i really have no idea! is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies - hope it made sense
Lucy

Sponsored Links
You may not need to, Lucy - a lot can depend on the span of the new fitted wardrobes.
If you can get a good fixing on the left and right side uprights, the beam across the top can be fixed to those, and maybe helped along with some no nails adhesive where it touches the ceiling.
Of course there are timber beams within the ceiling, but depending on which way they run means that you can fix to them, or not.
John :)

A lot really depends on what door system you intend to use and where that requires support.

Doors hinged at the side obviously need no ceiling support. Sliding doors will need more support depending on the type.

There is no need to drill the ceiling,[unless you happen to been in an old concrete slab property] its only plasterboard and does not require a drill.You can build without fixing to ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the responses :) it is sliding doors so they do need support (or I guess they'll fall out) so I could use some strong adhesive for the extra support and make sure I use some decent wood.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back