Fitting 2nd Consumer Unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - have had it suggested that 2 electric showers must not be installed on one CU as this would be too much, but that extra tails can be put into the Henly block and a 2ns CU installed to run the 2 shoers off, as apparantly this would not have either the original or the new CU overloaded. Do you agree that this is a good idea, and if so, is it safe to add tails to the Henly block or shoudl I do all the other work and then get a sparky to do final connection? :eek:

Sponsored Links
using the henly will avoid overloading the CUs (two showers on a domestic CU is pushing it, iirc the busbars are generaly rated at 80A continuous and 100A intermittant)

what it won't avoid is overloading the meter and service fuse, having said that theese routinely get heavilly overloaded and generally seem to survive and showers are quite short duration loads.

finally you should note that you may well have water pressure problems running two showers at once anyway.

Sponsored Links
Hi - thanks for advice.
I doubt the two showers would ever be run at the same time. My sister alreday has one in her son's room (older style electric which doesn't seem to have any sort of pump inbuilt) but wants a modern electric one in main bathroom.
If didn't use at same time wqould this be okay?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back