Fitting 50mm B&Q square edge worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :D

bought a few of the new 50mm Cypress Cinnamon form B&Q http://www.diy.com/nav/rooms/kitche...mon-50mm-Square-Edged-Worktop-3000mm-13128638

Never fitted a 50mm square edge before, has anyone got any pointers?

Is it the usual scribe, jig, router job or is there a different way?

Also do you need longer fixings for the sink and hob or do you just rout out a bit out the bottom of the worktop to make it a 38mm thickness?

Cheers
:D

Sponsored Links
Depends if its the one thats wood, or honeycomb inside. The latter requires some kind of different bolts to join it I think.

But on the wood one, yeah its standard procedure for joining. On mine, the bolts from the hob and sink were just long enough.

Good to know about the bolts although if there not I'll just router the Thickness down.
They reckon these new worktops are solid so shouldn't need the euro fitting packs.

Seems these tops are square I wouldn't mind butting them together But its getting the laminate off The front edge to get a good joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back