Fitting 6mm Hardiebacker board without adhesive ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have to apply tile adhesive to floor before laying 6mm Hardie??
My floor is pretty solid and flat .The reason i want to avoid adhesive direct to the floor is when i say in 10 years want to replace the tiles i don't have to spend hours getting the adhesive off or replace the whole floor

thanks

Sponsored Links
correct answer is yes mate, BUT I have in the past used it without adhesive but the floors were absolutely solid with minimialistic deflection if any at all, But if you ever have cause to contact the manufacturers or stockists who supplied you with the boards because of a fault with the tiles or whatever, you will have voided any warranty on the boards by not securing with addy and screws

Even if you don't use adhesive I think you might find it difficult to remove - all the screw heads will be covered in tiles and tile adhesive and it won't be at all easy to unscrew the boards.

you could use ditra matting rather then board? cheaper and stronger faster to lay :cool:

Sponsored Links
why would you recommend he use ditra, why would he want to use a decoupling membrane on a floor that he states as being solid, not as though the tiles are going onto a floating floor or anything, no need, simple as that ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back