fitting a bathroom sink without the stand

Sponsored Links
is there a way i can attach it to the wall by putting something under it to save skipping it and starting again

is there a way i can attach it to the wall by putting something under it to save skipping it and starting again

You would rather pay £50+ for a solution that will enable you to use your £1 basin?

Am I missing something?

Lowest cost, cut an notch out of a bit of 2 by 4, and then paint it blue...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But what I am getting at is where do you need to support the sink at?

Erm... I was being flippant.

My suggestion would only work as a short term fix, if someone were to accidentally kick away the support the basin might (or might not) crash down. The underside of the basin has a recess where the pedestal would have sat. If you notch the timer, it will support the basin and not foul the space required for the waste u-bend. You could use ms polymers to glue it to the underside and screw the base to the floor.

Alternatively, you can build a frame to support the basin, but it will look pants. The cost of the timber required to make the frame is going to vastly exceed the £1 that you paid for the basin.

Sorry, I think you need to cut your losses. BTW- what happened to the previous basin, could you not use the pedestal from that?

its only a tempoary messure so i can finish off the plumbing until i get another stand or sink and stand together

Some things in life you can guess, other things you can guarantee.

I guess that I can guarantee that if you fitted this to the wall, when you eventually get a pedastal there will be a height difference, only a little one and your existing holes will need filling and redrilling (which are never as good) so personally I would not do it.
Get the pedastal first, ask around at the local plumbins shops to see if they have an odd one the same colour to match for cheap.

well it may be my lucky day! I found one laying on the road side just as I parked my bike up. lets just hope it fits and i can get it back in one picece

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back