Fitting a CDA oven - to replace existing CDA oven!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did a stupid thing and decided to clean the oven, took the door off and when I put it back on, I somehow managed to bend the hinges, or perhaps the door, I've replaced the hinges but the door still doesn't fit properly, so I give up!

We've decided to buy a new one before Christmas and because it was such an exact fit when we put the kitchen in, the easiest thing is to get the same oven - but never take the door off again!!

So, my question is, when we take the old oven out, what will I find, will it be as simple as rewiring the new oven into the wire left at the back of the cupboard which goes to a switch. Is it possible for me to do it myself?

On the plus side, my husband has made me promise never to clean the oven again, should have done this years ago!! :LOL:

Thank you for any insight!

Sponsored Links
If its a Single Oven it may well be just wired upto a 13amp Plugtop with the Socket behind the Unit, If its a larger Model or a Double it may well be hard wired into a Cooker Outlet which will have the Cable running straight into it

Officially in the Kitchen it possibly comes under Part P regs so should be done by a Spark who is part of an Accredited Scheme

BUT if you or your Husband are competent to Wire a Plug Top , basically its just the same ......

So now I`ll wait for the Flack to come my way :confused:

Lucky

As far as I am aware like for like replacement does not need notifying under Part P. It does come under Part P before someone who is pedantic points it out.

It is hard for anyone to judge the ability of an ordinary person when one has been working with electrics all ones life. But I would not expect you to have a problem.

Thank you, it is hard wired in, the switch for it is in the back of another cupboard in the kitchen.

I was hoping that we can simply shut electrics off in the kitchen, remove old oven and rewire the new one into where the old one came out of - I'm guessing there is some connector behind the oven which links the cable running to the plug and the cable that comes out the back of the oven.

Sponsored Links
I somehow managed to bend the hinges, or perhaps the door, I've replaced the hinges but the door still doesn't fit properly, so I give up!

Are you sure you have damaged it?
They are sometimes awkward to get back.

I don't want to do you out of a new oven if that's what you really want but have a look at the instructions (or if lost, Google) regarding replacing the door.

I'm afraid so, I didn't read how to put it back on properly, and I think I must have used more force than was required! I've replaced the hinges on the actual door, that hasn't worked.

I've also got the "other" bit which the hinge drops into, that is my last ditch attempt to fix it tomorrow (after I've cooked lunch!) but I can't imagine how that is going to help, it doesn't look like something I could have damaged!

I'm guessing there is some connector behind the oven which links the cable running to the plug and the cable that comes out the back of the oven.
Just take the oven out and look. It's only held in there with a maximum of 4 small screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back