Fitting an oven with hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post so please take it easy :)

For the last few weeks I have been trying to get an oven fitted. The setup was a 6000W hob plus a diplomat single electric oven both connected to the same 32A circuit and isolation switch, never had a problem until the oven died.

First we got a 16A Bosch oven, the John Lewis fitter said we needed a 16A circuit and should get a 13A oven or 32A oven. Which seems rather strange, wouldn't a 32A oven blow the circuit?
So I ordered a 13A oven from Curry's, the fitter said that the 16A oven would have been fine but the 13A oven is not. :confused:

As the old setup worked flawlessly before what should I actually try to get and how should I have it fitted?

Sponsored Links
Curry's don't have any electricians. John Lewis would seem to be the same.

Connect them both to the cooker connector but use 4mm² heat resistant flex.

This will likely mean you have to change the flex on a 13A oven if it came with a plug.

Wouldn't it be better to fit a single 13a socket (good brand like mk) on cooker circuit to plug the oven into? Avoids voiding the guarantee and sourcing cable etc.

Sponsored Links
Not really and it won't void the warranty.

Easier to buy a piece of flex than source back box and socket and chase wall and fit. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back