fitting a double glazed door in a summerhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Me again.
I am building a summerhouse and due to the uneven ground we have lost about 200mm on height before we start.
by the time I have laid the frame (4x2) 18mm osb on the floor, built the stud wall ( again using 4x2) a length of 4x2 to create a slope then 6x2 for the roof and 18mm osb for the roof I have a total height at the front wall of 2m ( this includes the 4x2 frame)

Looking for second hand doors most of them seem to around 2.05.
as the frames are rigid and reinforced and the only weight on the frame would be the roofing could I get away with cutting the wall frame top and bottom?
The bottom would be fixed to the 18mm osb and the base 4x 2 and the top would be fixed to the 4x2 that is atop the remaining wall frame.

Would this be ok?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you looking at wood doors or UPVC?

You don't need a frame, you can make it out of 4 x 2 and then create seals with battening or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back