Fitting a Dt20 on Worcester 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently had a Worcester Greenstar 28i bolier fitted. They were going to fit my existing controls with it (Danfoss FP715 two channel programmer and Honeywell wired stat) but when it came to it, the Danfoss Programmer they found that it wasn't compatible.

So now we have the boiler with the wired stat working fine, but with no timer. I want a timer to set it to come on in the morning etc and was looking at getting a DT20 programmer. A couple of questions:
- will this work ok with a wired Honeywell room stat?
- it looks like it's really easy to fit, but I'm not gas safe (and not an electrician - but it looks like its just a plug in job). Is it as easy to fit as it looks and would I be doing anything that I should be gas safe for?

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Sponsored Links
Why not fit a hard wired programmable room stat? It would be even easier.

Why not fit a hard wired programmable room stat? It would be even easier.
So long as there's enough cores available at the point desired.

The dt20. Is easy to do but it would be better to get a pro do it. If you balls it up and start taking fuses then you could do damage to the board and thus negate Worcesters warranty

it looks to me like its just a case of plugging the Dt20 in though? should be simple enough? or am i just being overly optomistic??!

Sponsored Links
it looks to me like its just a case of plugging the Dt20 in though? should be simple enough? or am i just being overly optomistic??!

No, you are right in what you say, just turn the power off first :LOL:

Also, you need to consider the the room stat wiring. Most are a live over, live back with a neutral and sometimes an earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back