Fitting a gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be having a kitchen delivered soon, which will include a gas hob (& electric oven). We don't have gas installed at the property yet. I would just like to confirm what I will need to get sorted in order to install the hob.

Currently I believe I will need to:

• 1. Get Transco to put a gas pipe and meter into the house.
  • 2. Get a Corgi guy to fit the hob gas pipe.

What I am not sure about, is how do I sort out getting the gas from the meter at the front of the house, to the kitchen at the back? Will the guy who fits the hob be able to sort this?

Is there anything else I have missed?

Sponsored Links
Nope thats about it shame is with gas you can't do a lot of it yourself, if you speak to the guys that lay the gas they might no someone who can do the corgi bit cheaper than a normal plumber.

Ok, thats great, thanks. I shall check with the guys who lay the pipe into the house about a recommended guy for the hob.

If you have not already contacted transco regards putting gas to property and installing meter you better book somewhere for xmas dinner because at this time of year it can be upto a 2 month wait for them to turn up

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
...you better book somewhere for xmas dinner...

Ok, thanks for the info :) Luckily, we have an all electric cooker installed at the moment, so I'll be leaving that in until we can get the gas hob installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back