gas oven advice needed

5 Mar 2006
Reaction score
West Midlands
United Kingdom
not sure if this the right place to post a gas query... sorry if it isn't. Anyway, We have a gas hob and built in electric oven. We plan to get a new oven and I was thinking about moving from electric to gas. Now the thing is, there is a gas pipe (15mm) that used to go to a standard cooker fitting (hose type) and when the kitchen was done, it was used to supply the hob only. As this pipe runs behind where the new oven is going to go, can it be used to supply gas to both hob and oven? or do I need to get to get a new pipe laid from the gas meter to the oven. I plan to get the chap who fitted our central heating to do it, but he's away for a few weeks, so thought I would ask if it was possible. If not, i'd rather get another electric oven rather than have the expense and hassel of a new gas pipe having to be fitted.
Sponsored Links
It shouldn`t be a problem,most gas oven/hob combinations are designed to work from a 15mm supply.It may require a bit of alteration to the pipe,but your GSR engineer will be able to handle it.
I thought as much, as there was originally a stand alone cooker/hob with a hose connection that the fitter converted to just the hob. At least I know I won''t have to shell out for a lot of new piping. Hopefully, being a smaller job ,means I'll save a bit which I can put towards the new oven.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links