Rubber gas pipe for hob close to back of electric oven

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi All,

Have recently moved into a new place. I have been doing some cleaning in and around appliances and discovered this situation with my electric oven and gas hob.

Behind the electric oven, there is a metal gas pipe to supply the gas hob above it (the gas supply is not mains but is a butane gas canister) however it is not a metal pipe all the way and converts to rubber for the last stage where it connects to the hob.

My worry is that the back of the oven can get hot (it does when doing a roast for example) and this makes the metal pipe warm also, and the rubber tubing. The metal pipe does not touch the back of the oven, there is a few inches of clearance between the two, and for the rubber part of the pipe, it is around 6 inches above the back of the oven. (see attached photos).

Is this safe, or can the gas hob supply pipes getting warm be dangerous?

Thanks,

Trav

Trav
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Gas hose will be heat resistant.Electric ovens are insulated so casing should not be hot enough to damage anything .

Check the hose rating, installation instructions as to whether a hose is allowed for the hob and shouldn’t come into contact with the oven, regardless of whether heat resistant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back