Fitting a large upvc frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of large (2400mmx1200mm) upvc frames to install on first floor. As not happy up a ladder, they will have to be fed out through opening from inside and slotted back into the aperture. To reduce weight for the lift I intent to remove the three openers.Good idea,or not?

Sponsored Links
Very very bad.

So bad, I'm thinking, should I lend you my scaffold!? :/

Why's it bad?

Two people should easily be able to handle an unglazed frame with no sashes. It's only a case of passing it through the aperture and then fitting it in the aperture, just make sure you don't drop it! I'd rather do it that way than carry it up Box scaffold. Admittedly would never do it from a ladder!

Sponsored Links
Removing the casements and screwing them back in is easy enough, if it will help you. You may need to use a ladder to seal up the window after though. Using a ladder for this is safer than hanging out the window to do it.

ADVERTISING LINK REMOVED

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back