Fitting a new bath

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be putting our new bath in our next bathroom shortly and had a few questions.

The floor is 2.2m wide, joist centres between 350-420mm, floor is 18mm plywood and will be over boarded with a further 6mm plywood. Do I place the bath legs directly on this floor or do they need something under them to spread the load? Lots of guides say to put plywood under them but the floor is already plywood?

I want to build a frame around the edges. I've got a lot of 18mm deep by 47mm wide softwood and a small amount of 47mm by 47mm softwood. If I glued and screwed two of the 18x47's together would that be thick enough under the bath edges supported by vertical 47x47s? This would save me some money and win valuable points with my wife who wants it gone from the garage.

Sponsored Links
As long as it's hardwood then it should be fine at that thickness.

Yes, your framing should also be fine.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back