Fitting a new combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im fitting a new combi boiler in place of the old system, ive managed to trace and remove all the old pipes that i will not be using anymore. Ive fed the cold, hot,ch flow and return pipes but the only problem is trying to work out how to attatch the filling loop and the double check valve that came with it. The CH OUT connection point is fitted with a valve but also has another thread for fitting another 'thing'. I cant work out what why to plumb this in. The boiler is a FERROLI F30
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The reason you've had no replies to your question until now is, unless you are a CORGI registered gas fitter, you will be breaking the law if you commision the bioler yourself. In England it is actually a criminal offence for anyone to fit gas appliances to the supply unless they are CORGI registered.

Having said this. I installed my own C/H system and combi boiler but had a CORGI registered fitter commision it. I would suggest you fit as much of it as you can, call a CORGI fitter to do the rest, you can then be satisfied you saved money and did not put you, your family or neighbors at risk.

Hi,
I ust had one of these models fitted to my hovel. Next time I go in, I will take a photo of the fitting, and let you know.

You can decide if you could do with a photy to help you id the fitting.

loftus is mistaken you can fit any gas appliance in your OWN home as long as your COMPETENT to do so ? this is where it gets dodgy as if you do make an error and for some reason there is an accident ( could be prosecuted) i say could be as so many are getting away with doing this now there is simply only one way to stop it and that is dont SELL any gas appliance to the public

what is COMPETENT there is no grey area here phone corgi and you will get the answer above shame on CORGI for not having the TEETH to make it illegal to sell gas appliances directly to the public i have sent so many emails into them asking why they wont ,Not one answer anyone care to ellaborate or argue that i am wrong on the above :confused: ps as the law stands you cant make money out of gas installations unless your a CORGI but nothing is there to stop you in your OWN home aside from the competant bit ARE YOU SAFE TO WORK WITH GAS CAN YOU PROVE IT

Sponsored Links
If you go into Wickes, one of their "Good Ideas" (haha) leaflets is on fitting a combi boiler. I only half-read it before I felt distinctly wobbly and had to go to the bathroom section to lie down in a bathtub. However, the gist of it I got was:

Hey, fit your own boiler. It's dead easy you know. Go on, we sell them. And all the bits you need to fit them. These things pretty much install themselves nowadays.
By the way it is illegal to mess with gas unless you are Corgi registered.
Go on, buy a boiler. Buy it noooooow.

This might be recent, as I tried to buy a gas hose a year or two back (not for mains gas, of course ;) ) and the information desk said they didn't keep them on the shelves and only sold them to Corgis. But the same store now keeps them on the shelves and sells gas fittings to anyone.

slogger, check before you post the post you are replying to was made in january 2003

ah ok i never looked my bad i will make sure next time thanks for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back