Fitting a new monitored alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just taken over a warehouse unit and have had several quotes for alarms. However, I do have trade accounts with the likes of Gardiners etc and could possibly buy and install my own.

it will have 13 zones in total, however, I want the unit on a Dual Com connected to an ARC.

Can I just contact a reputable ARC and ask them to monitor my alarm or can this only be done by an alarm company?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to stop you doing the installation yourself.

Sponsored Links
As above, there's nothing stopping you installing it yourself, but if you are thinking of doing that with a view to having the system taken over and signalling to an ARC put on later, you will have problems.

ARC's will not accept single one off connections as it is too much hassle to make it worth their while.

If you are going the DIY route, the best you can hope for is the new Menvier speech dialer, which has a GSM back up as well as the phoneline. They are nearly £300 though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back