Fitting a new toilet - To tile floor first or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, anyone help me out with this one. I am just building a new ensuite and have got to the fitting out stage. Is it best practice to tile the floor first, then fit the toilet on top of the tiles? I though it would probably be better to fix the toilet in position then tile around it, as this would be a firmer base for the toilet? Same question for the wall basin as well, should I fit it onto the wall firat, or tile the wall then fix. will this be as secure? Any help or advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo basher57 and welcome:D:D:D:D

all basins and bowls are different shapes and sizes so if at any time you had to replace [even an identical basin or bog will have a different shape]

in general it is always best to tile first or remove the the furniture first to give you a cleaner neater finnish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back