Fitting a new towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'll be using the 15mm copper but wanted to know which size drill bit to use?

It has to pass through a layer or two of brick (cupboard on the other side where the connection will be made to the existing system).

Drilling through tile obviously so I was thinking of using this to help the drill be steady:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-diamond-tile-drill-guide/84524

Or some masking tape might do the trick I suppose.

Once through the tile I was going to use a 16mm masonry bit but will this give me enough leeway to comfortably get the 15mm copper pipe through the wall or should I upsize it a little more?

Thanks in advance plumbs.

Sponsored Links
You need to sleeve copper tube through a brick wall, use overflow pipe or similar sized conduit and size your drill slightly larger than the sleeve.

I'd go 18 minimum, and use a diamond core for the tile.

On soft tile you can get away with with normal masonry bits on non-hammer action starting with a small bit e.g. 6mm and working up to the diameter required.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back