Fitting a Photocell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

The PIR that was connected to my outside light has died and I am trying to replace it with a FTS Led Pro Nema IP65 photocell.

I seem unable to get this latter piece of kit working :(

Could someone please advise me that I am wiring it up correctly?

+ There is a four core cable on a lighting circuit that exits the external wall. This is not connected to a light switch and the black cable is terminated. The earth remains connected to the earth on the existing light fitting.

+ I connect the brown live wire from the cable exiting the wall to the L connector on the photocell, the grey wire from the same cable and the blue wire from the light to the N connector on the photocell, and the brown wire from the light to the Lo connector on the photocell.

+ When I power up or reconnect the circuit, the light comes on briefly then switches off. However, when I black out the photocell (or it gets dark) the light remains off.

Is this just a dodgy photocell or is my wiring bad?

If I end up concluding that the photocell is knackered I may just replace the light with an LED PIR light. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced one?

Photo of box below.

TVM, Dan

photocell.jpg

Sponsored Links
Of course, now I've gone to the effort of posting on here, it's working.

So, sorry to waste your time and thank you for your response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back