Fitting a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I've just sold my old CH pump on ebay. Less than a year old, but new boiler has an integral pump.
Guy who has bought it has been looking at the manufacturers website, and some pictures show the pump with the arrow going one way and some the other. I've told him I'm pretty sure you just need to turn the pump through 180' to ensure the arrow matches the flow and as long as the impeller shaft is kept horizontal, then no probs. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not? The website just says it needs to be horizontal, not that it has to be one way or the other.
Hope you can help, sorry for the long winded post, prob didn't need to give all that info... ;)
Cheers
Phil
ps Have searched this site and not found an answer

Sponsored Links
It would help if you told us what make the pump was and boiler? Generally the pump arrow indicates pump flow ie which way the water is going from the boiler.

Thanks. I realise the arrow shows the flow, I just want to check that it is simply a case of putting the pump in one way or turning it around (so it is in effect upside down) to make sure it matches the direction of the arrow on the old pump. Make/model is Circulating Pumps CP53. Boiler make is irrelevant, since I have sold the pump to someone else, so don't know/don't care what sort it is!
Cheers

If it it's just a head change onto a main body then it doesn't matter.

Sponsored Links
No it's a complete pump change, body & motor.
Can the pump be put in either way round to match the flow direction of the old pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back