Fitting a shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, and thanks in advance.

I am fitting a shower into an en suite conversion. The thermostatic valve has been fit without any problems, but the shower head is giving me trouble.

The fitting from the valve up to the head is 22mm. The shower head pipe is 1/2" male fitting, so it appeared to me that I simply need a 22mm-1/2" female elbow. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find one at B&Q. I thought I could get around it by buying a 22mm T connector with a 1/2" outlet, and an end cap to seal off the extra outlet.

Unfortunately when I tried this I found the threaded section of the shower head seems far too long, so it would project out from the wall, rather than fitting flush. I cannot see any way of screwing the threaded end further into the pipe to the shower head.

So I am a bit stuck.

The cavity I am working in is 50mm, with 12.5mm aquapanel going over the battens and it will then be tiled.

The shower head I am trying to fit is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320237766726&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

I hope this helps.

Andy

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
cut 1/2" or so off the threaded part then.
don't have to be 100% as the seal is gained on the thread with ptfe tape in the fitting not the end.

Thanks for that.

It did cross my mind to do that, but thought I better ask before I ruined my new shower!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back