15mm or 22mm suppy to fixed shower head from diverter valve

I would recommend you get a plumber in to see what options you have, I dont think your gonna sort out your system over the internet.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend you get a plumber in to see what options you have, I dont think your gonna sort out your system over the internet.
Just make sure the plumber understands pumped systems ;) one doesn’t always guarantee the other :LOL:

so i have a mains system....dont i ?

It used to be called a direct system but that term now refers to an unvented or combi layout.

Your mains feeds all cold taps and WC and the cold cistern in the loft. The water from the cistern feeds the hot water cylinder and then the taps. The pressure in your cold (mains) supply could range from around 1 bar to 10 bar (you need to check it) and the pressure at your hot is determined by the height of the cold cistern above your appliances.
Think of a bar of water pressure as being the same as a tank of water 10m above the tap. If your cold cistern is 3m above the tap then the pressure at the tap is near enough 0.3 bar.
As your shower valve is rated between 0.5 and 5 bar the cold cistern feeding the hot would need to be 5m above it for it to work properly although it will still work, just not very well.
Your old Mira would be rated for low pressure.
Most showers will work ok with a pressure differential ratio of 5:1. though you should use a pressure equalising valve to balance the pressures better.
You would be better pumping the hot to increase the pressure from there. A single impeller pump would do. Something like this
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/stuart-turner-monsoon-35-bar-2388-18615
There are cheaper ones available but if you are spending all that money doing your bathroom up you do it right. You will appreciate the difference.

• Thanks
Reactions: KRW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back