Roca Shower Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been asked to fit a concealed shower valve (roca), but the instructions are very vague, and I'm a bit unsure on how to proceed.

so, the valve is like this:

View media item 89736
the two inlets lower right / left side are the hot and cold IN, and the two outlets right/left at the top are the supply to the shower head and the bath mixer respectively.

a closer shot of the inlets/outlets:

View media item 89737
these are apparently 1/2" connections

the shower arm and bath mixer outlet are like this (bath mixer pictured):

View media item 89738
so, questions:

How do I connect to the inlets / outlets, would it just be a 1/2" to 15mm compression fitting, and if so, does this need to be tapered?

How do I mount the shower head and bath mixer arms? - a standard back plate elbow? (1/2" to 15mm)

The pipework between the valve and arms, I assume would just be copper / plastic 15mm to suit myself?

Finally, there appears to be no mounting hardware at all, is this normal, or is something missing from the kit? - all I have are the valve, the knobs/faceplate etc., and the bath mixer and shower head and arm. - nothing to hold the valve in place in the wall.

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links
Do you know the model? Is it the Rocha Element?

You do have the mounting, it's in the main valve, 4 screw mounting holes in the body. That will allow the valve to be screwed onto a firm backing, be it brick or wood.

I would assume it would accept standard 1/2" to 15mm tapers into the body, if it's a standard fit. Just remember to seal the threads and don't overtighten. Got a spare one in your box? Just try the fit.

Shower arm and bath arm should be standard 1/2" BSP too, so a wall plate elbow will be the kiddy, again just test the fit and seal as before.

Feed pipe is really up to you, either would do.

Brilliant - thanks for all that

The four holes you mention are actually threaded, and two of them are for fixing the font cover plate back to the wall, the other two are spare from what I can tell.

the used holes are diagonally opposite.

anyways, mounting is really not a big issue, I can fabricate something to hold it all tight I'm sure - just wondered if there was anything missing from the kit

thanks again

Sponsored Links
Give Rocha a quick buzz and check what should be supplied, wouldn't think there would be anything though otherwise it would be in the MI IWT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back