Fitting a shower pump help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.5U.

The airing cupboard with the HWC is on the ground floor. The shower is on the first floor but the pipework goes in to the loft within a few feet of the cold water cistern level hence the universal Stu Turner (in case of negative head probs).

My problem is this - the pipework disapears in to the roof of the airing cupboard which is under a bedroom. The floor in the bedroom is nicely laminated. There is a boxed in area up one wall of the bedroom which has some of the pipework in that goes up to the loft as it is right beneath the f&e which is between the two tanks in the loft and where all the pipework comes up. However, the pipework all comes together under the floor before that and just comes up the wall so you can't

The hot pipework comes up this side of the wall as when it gets in to the loft it just runs along solely to the shower although as per diagram it does vent in to the cold water tank.

What would be the best way to fit the pump? I was thinking it might be best to pump the hot and cold to the whole house rather than just the shower but its getting the pipework down tot he pump from the cold feed for the house that worries me.

Sponsored Links
I don't mean to sound condescending, but you do know that shower pumps require a dedicated supply from the cold water storage tank..? :?: Which means you'll have to drain it, bore a new hole in your tank & run a new separate cold feed to the pump.. ?

i'm not 100% sure of that particular model your going to be using however depending on how many hot water outlets you have & the head your working with, you'll need to check that its capable of coping with the demand of the outlets no problem.

The pipe you've noted in the second drawing that runs alongside the heating pipes that is not connected to anything, i'd take a swing in the dark & say thats the main feeding your tank(s).. :idea:

If you could post a few actual pictures of what your working with, cylinder, storage tank, pipework disappearing/re-appearing.. I/We might be able to help you a little bit better with whatever it is thats giving you your problem :idea: :)

Sponsored Links
Not condescenbding at all. There is already a seperate feed from the cold water tank for the shower. That is the pump though.

My problem is deciding the best way of getting both the hot and cold to the pump without taking up the floor.

Having looked back at my post i appreciate it is rather muddled!

I think I am going to have to have a think and then speak to Stuart turner as they are very helpful

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back