Fitting a shower pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally getting around to fitting a shower pump, though just want to check something. I can easily get access to the hot and cold feeds in the airing cupboard (cold is fed from the loft cold water tank, hot from a separated feed from the hot water tank), so I can site the pump at the bottom of the hot water cylinder without much trouble.

The only issue I'm unsure of is that the cold supply to the shower will go back up into the loft and then down again into the shower. If it makes any difference there is about 4ft between shower head and bottom of cold water tank, the pipe will go up from the pump about 7ft and then horizontally and then down again to the shower mixer, it will be about 3ft below the tank on the horizontal run. The hot pipe doesn't go back up into the loft.

Do you think a 1.5bar pump like the Salamander RSP50 would be OK?

Sponsored Links
Well I decided to ring Salamander and can say they have excellent customer support. They gave me all the advice I needed, I can highly recommend this company.

Now I just need to bite the bullet and start the project.

Good luck (and sorry nobody responded to your post - must be more work for plumbers all of a sudden :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you. It's nice to get advice from the range of people who frequent the forum, and the subject has been covered a number of times.

I've pretty much read all the threads to get me up to speed on various aspects from flanges to the electrics, so when I spoke to Salamander I actually sounded like I knew what I was talking about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back