Fitting a tap with a screw fitting to a quick fit adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting a tap on my kitchen worktop, the problem is it comes supplied with a flexible hose with a screw fitting approx 3/4 inch. The current tap is copper into quick fitting push device. Can i get an adapter that would allow me to screw onto the flexible hose and the push fit ito the plastic housing or is there an easier way to solve my dilema, Ive seen plumming done in the past so have some idea what im doing

please help

Sponsored Links
I've never seen plumming done like that. Maybe you can, but why would you want to?

because i just want to fit a tap, and thats whats under the sink at moment, im sure it makes sense to adapt whats there rather than taking it back to the first copper fixing and running a pipe from there, especially as im not a plumber, and i just want to fix the taps before moving house. ive renovated my current house and want to move up the property ladder, the taps are almost the last step in the process.

I'm not quite sure that I understand what the problem is but for what it is worth .....

The pushfit connector should just slide off the copper pipework. You will need to shut the water supplies off first (obviously) and relieve the pressure by opening the tap (both sides).

Your new connectors sound like compression fittings which should already fit the 15mm supply pipework. So, assuming that the flexi connectors are approximately the right size, all you need is a couple of spanners to fix them.

That is why I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly :D

Sponsored Links
i think i probably need to have a better look at the pipework and then get to the plummers merchants or B+Q and see what they have to solve my problem, the taps are imported from china so not sure they are a standard fitting.

Does the hose coming from the tap look like this?

p1081010_l.jpg

Yeah kind of. 1 end fits into the taps and the end that is left to put into the quick fit adapter is like the one on your picture in the top right corner!

Can you help now?

I was expecting it to have a compresion fitting at the end. Is there a nut you can take off, and does a small brass ring fall out when you do?

Yes, if it is that sort of connector, it can easily be fastened to a copper pipe.

It has to be the right size, or you will need an adaptor. The pipe is probably 15mm copper.

Had a go last night, and ended spraying water allover the kitchen!!

I got a compression connector from B&Q the guy on the pluming section said this would work for conecting the braided hose to the plastic pipe, i think it would have if i had been able to lay my hands on another spanner. My joiner is coming tomorrow to seal the kitchen worksurfaces and cut a bigger hole for the tap faucet, he works for a plumming and joinery company so illl ask him to help me!#

DIY is so much easer if you have the right tools!

Andy2306 - from your earlier post you said the end that you want to connect to the pipe is like the one in the top right of the picture - are you sure?

The end shown top tight is the BSP (British Standard Pipe) thread to go no the tap. The one on the left is a compression fitting for the supply pipe. The one shown looks like a 1/2" BSP to 15mm.

Does your connector have a small male thread on one end like this http://www.johnguest.com/part_spec.asp?s=FLX_S4
Can you post a picture of your connector / tap.

andy2306 said:
Can i get an adapter that would allow me to screw onto the flexible hose and the push fit ito the plastic housing...
Hepworth Hep2o HX31/15:

hx31.jpg

It looks like the ones in the top picture of your post - I was going to srew the 15mm end onto a compression fitting and the the other side of the compression fitting onto the plastic pipe, but only had 1 spanner so couldnt tighten up enough!

The part shown in the last post is exactly what im looking for, it would alow me to keep the quick fit plumming in place. where can i get these from? im in dewsbury, west yorkshire

thanks

andy2306 said:
where can i get these from? im in dewsbury, west yorkshire
Ask your local merchants if they stock Hep2o products, and the HX31/15 in particular. If you're really stuck I can send you a couple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back