Replacing Tap - Strange Fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, about to replace a tap, I've done a few in my time but never looked like this.

Are these brass fittings push fittings? As they appear to go onto plastic fittings?

How do I get them off? And how do I get a flexible hose nut type fitting back on to the water feed?

Attachments

• 20231029_105602.jpg
    20231029_105602.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Similar to Tectite fittings, Toolstation etc do them and they sell a dismounting tool. Might be better cutting that one out and going with a standard JG pushfit and a then a pushfit flexi for the water feed.

OSMA gold, probably the worst push fit system ever invented. Not recommended to be re-used as they are notorious for leaking when demounted as the grab ring can deform.

Best advice would be to cut/remove and replace if they are to be removed. I use a dremel and cutting blade and slice lengthways and peel the fitting off, that way the pipe length stays the same for a modern alternative to be used.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
As above, Osma gold. Since you’re replacing the tap, if you have some copper, and some olives then maybe disconnect from the compression tee below the Osma gold, disconnect from the other compression fitting (possibly isolation valve or washing machine, and renew the pipe and olives to those and remove the nuts from the copper. The other grey pipe is hep2o, again, not always advisable to reuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back