fitting a timeswitch to a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i want some information on how to connect and where the wires are supposed to go if i want to connect a Danfoss TS715si Combi Boiler Timeswitch to the Ferroli OPTIMAX HE 31 C Combi Boiler?

Sponsored Links
Most combi's have an external switching loop which is where you connect external controls. It's usually used for r/stats but you can connect timeclocks.

Sponsored Links
wire it to 5 and 6 on the terminal block.

There are two versions of the TS715si; one works with 230Vac, the other with 24Vac. Presumably you have the 230Vac version. If so the clock will require a separate 230Vac connection to the L and N terminals as the boiler does not provide any 230v terminals. The switch terminals 1 and 4 should connect to terminals 5 an 6 on the boiler. Remember to remove the link!

What do you mean by the clock will require a separate 230Vac connection to the L and N terminals as the boiler does not provide any 230v terminals.how do i do this?

What do you mean by the clock will require a separate 230Vac connection to the L and N terminals as the boiler does not provide any 230v terminals.how do i do this?
Exactly what I say :rolleyes:

The terminal on the boiler for connecting thermostats etc all work at low voltage and require connection to volt-free devices. The actual switch on the clock is volt-free, so that's OK; but the motor which makes the clock go round can be either 230volt or 24volt. If you have the 230volt version you will have to obtain a 230volt supply from somewhere else, e.g the spur which feeds the boiler, as the boiler does not have any 230volt terminals.

I hope that is clear, as I don't know how to make it any clearer.

I asked earlier which version of the clock you have, 230volt or 24volt. Are you 100% certain you have the 230volt version?

The Honeywell DT200 is OK as it has volt free terminals. This will have to connect in series between the clock terminals and the boiler terminals. So you get: Boiler 5 to Clock 1; Clock 4 to DT200 A; DT200 B to Boiler 6. There must not be a link between the clock L and 1 terminals.

Final thought. Ferroli make a clock which just plugs in. What made you buy one which gives you problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back