Fitting a towel rail w/ 600mm tap centres to a 1000mm space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've just purchased a house with a bathroom with a standard panel radiator with 1000mm spaces between taps, ideally we would like to fit a 600mm towel rail, can I link one of the floor upright feeds to the towel radiator with a flexi hose?

Ideally we would move the floor pipe, but we haven't got the budget right now, and it would require new holes in the flooring and some plumbing work.

(Ignore the tarty towel in the photo - blame the missus!)

Sponsored Links
will be fine as long as the flexy hoses you use are designed to withstand tempereture and pressure your boiler creates

I would not use flexi's, why not put up with it until you can afford to do it properly? Or surface mount copper on the skirting boards.

Sponsored Links
you could use speedfit, chrome or copper choice is yours fella all boils down to your budget, now if i read correct the question was can you use flexys to which is yes flexys can handle the pressure and the heat, personally i wouldn't use them because they will look trash and could kink preventing the flow of water.

Folks, thanks for the replies, I think I will mount up a rail locating off the right tap, temporarily connect the left across with speedfit and then save up and do a proper job with relocating the left feed.

Why the desperation to fit a towel rail?
Cant see the point in making a bad job as a temporary fix when a radiator will suffice untill you can get it done properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back