Fitting a Veissmann 100-W Heat Only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm just looking for advice with regards to fitting a Veissmann 100 Heat only (19kw).

Present system is a twin channel gravity fed Baxi 401 setup, what I'd like to know is what layout plan would be best for this?

I'm interested in the S plan as it allows future expansion, I've read about the weather compensation module too, not sure I'd need it really.

If anyone can point me to any layout plans or general advice I'd be very grateful as I'd like to covey this with the fitter.

Thanks for ready.

Mani.

Sponsored Links
Without knowing your future plans and seeing the house it is hard to offer precise advice...but in general

The Viessmann compact is a great boiler but the heat exchanger likes to pick up filth. I suggest you have a decent powerflush and fit a magnetic filter on the return. I would also suggest sealing the system or putting a plate on the heating circuit. If you are fitting weather comp, you need the cylinder control box as well as the outdoor sensor.
Be aware tha Viessmann spares are eye-wateringly expensive.
S plan is good, make sure you fit an auto bypass and make sure pump is wired to boiler so it overruns.

Hi all.

If anyone can point me to any layout plans or general advice I'd be very grateful as I'd like to covey this with the fitter.

Thanks for ready.

Mani.

If you have selected a proper gas registered installer to fit the boiler then why don't you trust him to advise you properly?

You should also select someone from the Viessmann installers list as they can usually ensure a longer warranty period.

Tony

As already advised you have been looking at the nice to have add ons but this boiler does not like dirty systems so before you pay for fancy controls make sure the system is properly flushed and a magnetic particle filter installed or you will regret it , a great boiler on a clean system when installed properly

Sponsored Links
I suggest you have a decent powerflush and fit a magnetic filter on the return. I would also suggest sealing the system or putting a plate on the heating circuit.

Absolutely - the present system is antiquated and in dire need of a system flush. I have a Spirotech MB3 to be installed & TRV's.

I've not had any word on 'sealing the system' or adding a 'plate' from any of the heating chaps that have visited, at most 'fully pumped'. By 'plate' do you mean an additional heat exchanger with a flow switch? The present heat-dump is the bathroom radiator.

Be aware tha Viessmann spares are eye-wateringly expensive.

Yes have noticed ;).

S plan is good, make sure you fit an auto bypass and make sure pump is wired to boiler so it overruns.

I'll specify the overrun feature, is the auto bypass on the flow only for ch loop?

Many thanks.

If you have selected a proper gas registered installer to fit the boiler then why don't you trust him to advise you properly?

They all seem to have differing opinions regards to positioning of boiler, condensate. One even claimed I should flush the system after I fit the boiler :whistle:!!

You should also select someone from the Viessmann installers list as they can usually ensure a longer warranty period.

I've asked two, one claimed I need an AM1 module, the other suggested a combi version and to get rid of the unit I bought.

I've asked two, one claimed I need an AM1 module, the other suggested a combi version and to get rid of the unit I bought.
how big is your house ?, how many bathrooms and people are there ? because a combi has its limits .

If you have bought the boiler, you will have a very limited choice of installers to fit it. Most installers aren't interested in fitting a customer supplied boiler.

Hi make sure you have got the correct output as on viessmann heat onlys you cant range rate the heating,unlike other brands,this will mean boiler will cycle alot and if over 24kw make sure its 28mm pipe min to allow heat transfer otherwise it will not sense on return thermistor. Good product but system needs to be correct to work and you cant adjust settings to suit system.good luck

Hi make sure you have got the correct output as on viessmann heat onlys you cant range rate the heating,unlike other brands,this will mean boiler will cycle alot and if over 24kw make sure its 28mm pipe min to allow heat transfer otherwise it will not sense on return thermistor. Good product but system needs to be correct to work and you cant adjust settings to suit system.good luck
are you gas safe mate ?????? , why don't you join the combustion chamber ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back