fitting a warm roof - overflow pipe in the way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As the title says i'd really appreciate any help/advice!

Tomorrow I am replacing a flat poly roof with a warm decked epdm roof (18mm OSB, vapour barrier, 100mm foil backed insulation sheets, 11mm OSB then EPDB sheet) along with new extended fascias to cover the new height.

On inspection today I can see that the first floor bathroom has an overflow pipe coming out over the poly roof which will probably be covered by the new raised roof!

So as far as I can tell I have a few options:
1- Extend the overflow (if possible?) and then cut a hole through the new roof covering to allow it to poke through where(if) the roof slopes lower than the pipe.
2 - move the overflow pipe higher (not sure how big of a job this is)
3- scoop out a 'trough' in the insulation/ notch out the OSB so that there is a groove in the new roof to accommodate this

Anyone got any bright ideas what I can do in this situation?

Sponsored Links
It wants to sit beneath the insulation so that it will not freeze. Leave a space through the furrings.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies lads, I didn't know internal overflow/syphons were a thing but after a little googling that looks like it fits my purpose beautifully!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back