Fitting an integrated Fridge/Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just wanted some advice... I have an integrated Fridge/Freezer (that is actually 2 individual units stacked on top of each other) that I wish to replace. My in-laws have a spare integrated unit*, but it is a single unit.

What I was trying to find out was how difficult a job is it to replace the unit? Will it just swap over? I've taken measurements and the unit measures up (although there is a shelf that sits between my original units that will need to be replaced).

I'm not averse to DIY, and have fitted a kitchen (not with integrated appliances) before so was just looking to find out what I should expect... will I be able to replace it without all my food going defrosting and going off? :)

Anything else that I need to be aware of?

Many Thanks,

Kash.

Sponsored Links
Single intergrated appliances don't sit *in* a unit unless they are *built in* as opposed to *built under*(that is, under the worktop).

For integrated fridge-freezers, colour matched tall end panels should be fitted, with corresponding doors to the front. A 'fridge freezer' shelf pack can be purchased from most DIY stores, Wickes, B&Q, Homebase etc.

If you are putting two completely seperate units on top of one another and integrating them, you can buy an 'appliance shelf pack' which should allow you to put one on top of the other, the colour matched tall end panels will still be required for the outside, as will the doors.

Alternatively, you can buy a 'stacker' kit which is primarily designed for putting tumble driers and similar above washing machines but might be mroe heavy duty.

Is that what you wanted to know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back