Fitting an No-Stop-Essex flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been reading some posts on here about fitting an essex flange and I need to fit one for a house/shower salamander pump but the cylinder is fitted on it's side in the loft.

So do I try and fit an S flange in the HW/ vent 22mm pipe out of the cylinder or do I cut another hole and fit a no stop essex flange?

Any assistance would be great.

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
A cylinder on its side is somewhat unusual.

Can you describe the existing inlets and outlets?

Yes, the cylinder is in the loft and on it's side with 2 large header tanks above.

The cylinder has nothing connected on the usaul domed top part, it has the

The Hot coming out side as shown on the pic. I'm fitting a salamander whole house pump to increase the pressure and flow for the bath and en suite mixer shower. When I've fitted one of these pumps before I used a S flange in the top on the cylinder but I don't know if to do the same again but of the side of the cylinder or add the essex flange.

Any help please

cylinder.jpg

Basically you have to install it where the hot water leaves the tank so should be fitted in this case on the side.
Pete

Sponsored Links
If this were mine then I'd fit an Essex flange on the domed portion, so that it's less likely to take in air, which is the whole objective. The squishy washers on the Essex should accommodate the curvature of the dome, IMHO.

Fluffster said:
Basically you have to install it where the hot water leaves the tank so should be fitted in this case on the side.
Pete

do you mean where the hot out let is now?

Do not use a vertical cylinder like that - you'll only get half a tank of hot water.
Use a cyl designed to go in horizontally.

And your vent's wrong.

I'm curious, Sbarb - why is your cylinder on its side?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back