Fitting an outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I would like to fit an outside tap to my wall outside the utility room. I already have the tap and backplate which I bought from Wickes. I also have some 15mm hosepipe (which has never been used) lying around in my shed. Recently, I bought a dual hose connector that I screwed on to my existing tap at the front of my house, and I'm thinking of attaching one end of the dual connector to my existing garden hose (as usual) and the other to my water supply hose. Also, I'm thinking of fixing a bit of copper pipe into the end with a hose clamp, and putting the other copper pipe end into the backplate compression fitting and then tightening it up. Would it be okay to do this just to save a bit of money and effort into drilling holes through the walls etc?

Sponsored Links
I know it may sound unusual but the main reason why I'm doing this is because I'm trying to save money instead of having it plumbed into the mains (which costs a lot).
What I'm going to do is fit one end of the hose to a bit of copper pipe and secure that to the backplate. Then, I will attach the other end to the existing tap (which already has dual hose connector outputs) round the front of my house. I will also buy some of them 15mm plastic pipe clips (the ones that you screw to the wall) to prevent it from moving.

Trying to save money?.............................how much will it cost when you flood your house?

Get it done properly.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Or just have a longer hose on a reel. Seems daft to pin a hose pipe all round the house when you can just wind one out when you need it.

If you already have the backplate can't you just drill through and T into the top tilbury room plumbing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back