Outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside tap kit that comes with a clamp for which you then thread the tap on to cut through the copper pipe.

Rather than using the clamp could i not just attach the rubber hose that comes through the wall from the outside tap to the connector illustrated in the photograph? Is this its intended use?

[/url]

Sponsored Links
ha ha no!!! thats the drain off, You need a non return valve (your tap may have one included in to though)

Saying that the rubber hose kits arnt much better than your idea.

How you securing the hose? You must have alot of faith in a jubilee clip!!

Drain off's are designed for short term use, i.e. to drain pipework when supply is isolated to empty the system of water. I would expect a considerable leak from the gland if used with supply under pressure in that application.

Secondly an outside tap needs to be fitted with a double check valve to comply with regs. IIRC this is incorporated in the isolation valve supplied with the kit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back