fitting an RF thermostat to timer/boiler - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I mistakenly posted something in the electrics section initially so apologies if you've already read this.

I have an old Fer Industrie boiler with a timer to control the CH channel (see photo in my profile). I'd like to fit a programmable RF thermostat to the system. I understand that the way to do it is to have the timer on 24/7, connected to the thermostat receiver, connected to the boiler. As I can't get hold of an owner's manual for the boiler, judging by photo, how should this be wired? In other words what are the typical thermostat inputs/outputs and how do they fit into the picture? You can see that currently the timer has one mains input and two outputs to the boiler. Please help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have an old Fer Industrie boiler with a timer to control the CH channel (see photo in my profile). I'd like to fit a programmable RF thermostat to the system.
If you have a Falcon 2 boiler, you can find the manual Here

I understand that the way to do it is to have the timer on 24/7, connected to the thermostat receiver, connected to the boiler. As I can't get hold of an owner's manual for the boiler, judging by photo, how should this be wired? In other words what are the typical thermostat inputs/outputs and how do they fit into the picture? You can see that currently the timer has one mains input and two outputs to the boiler. Please help, thanks.
It's much better to get rid of the old timer completely!

I can see it's a Danfoss Timer, looks like a 103, here are the Instruction and Wiring

Remove the timer from the back plate and trace where each wire goes.
Check if terminal 3 is linked to terminal 6. If it is, the boiler is controlled by switching 240v. If it is not linked, the boiler is controlled by switching 24V. This will determine how the wireless receiver is wired in.

If you can provide a list of where each wire goes(terminal 1 to ? etc), you will get info to wire in your new wireless programmer. (Which one do you have?)

Incidentally, you don't make any mention of a room thermostat. Presumably you don't have one at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back