Fitting bath..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumbed in bath at the weekend and its all in position and level, its on an L shaped batton due to length of room with the shower end at the foot of the L. Is that enough to hold it steady? Or should i build a frame for the rest of the bath?

Also when i stick the bath to the wall is something like plumbers gold suitable? - assume i only fill the bath with water once ive tiled down over the bath and am applying final bit of sealant?

Sponsored Links
Baton for all ends that the bath touches a wall. Any open ends/corners will need an pillar/box support to minimise flexing. Sealant along each baton and the edge of bath that touches a wall (take off plastic covering first). Lift bath up onto baton and then push against the wall to ensure max contact with sealant, top up/fill any gaps along edges and use finger to smooth where it touches the wall. That gives you a seal along the baton, a seal along the bath wall edge and a seal along the top edge.

Fill bath with water right up to the overflow and leave overnight to settle.

Fit wall surface down to the bath edge and then final seal bath edge to the wall covering.

Baton for all ends that the bath touches a wall. Any open ends/corners will need an pillar/box support to minimise flexing. Sealant along each baton and the edge of bath that touches a wall (take off plastic covering first). Lift bath up onto baton and then push against the wall to ensure max contact with sealant, top up/fill any gaps along edges and use finger to smooth where it touches the wall. That gives you a seal along the baton, a seal along the bath wall edge and a seal along the top edge.

Fill bath with water right up to the overflow and leave overnight to settle.

Fit wall surface down to the bath edge and then final seal bath edge to the wall covering.
Brilliant, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back