Fitting Baxi 80e DHW Diaphragm Repair kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

As the title says I have a Baxi 80e with a leaking push rod on the DHW pressure differential valve. I have ordered the DHW Diaphragm Repair kit and have read various posts about it. I’ve also read the service manual available via the Parts Arena web site regarding the fitting procedure.

I feel up to doing this myself (looks fairly straight forwards) but just have a few questions:

1) I the service manual says to shut off the primary water circuit; I assume this means turn off the mains water supply (no need to drain the CH water). Is this correct?

2) I’ve read that you need to apply silicon grease to the push rod assembly when refitting (the service manual does not mention this). If so can you point to a type / brand?

3) You have to disconnect the copper sensing pipes from the assembly. Is there anything special about refitting these i.e. do you need to apply any sealing compound / grease?

4) Any other “gotchas” or procedures I should be aware of.

Any help on this would very much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

Sponsored Links
1) Yes, then open a hot tap to release any residual pressure

2) Ask the supplier of the diaphragm for a small tube of silicone.

3) No, just undo the front one, then put it back and tighten it up, not too tight though. You can always add a further 1/4 turn if needs be.

Put a towel under the boiler, as when removing the front of the DV water will still run out. Leave the hot tap on and undo the screws slowly and most of the water should drain through the tap.

Don't let any water get onto any electrics, even though you will have turned this off first.

nice thread just a quick as i now have this issue

do you need to turn the house water off or just isolate the mains form the boiler with the cold water inlet valve

and which tap under the boiler is the cold water inlet as there are 3 taps which can be turned

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise on the fitting sequence for the little o-ring and aluminium washer etc please?
Being a total dork I didn't make a note of where in the line the o-ring is fitted on the pushrod when I dismantled.
Schoolboy error, stupid I know.
The ali washer seems perfectly sized for fitting under the brass sealing collet (or whatever the technical name is).
Can anyone help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back