Fitting Built-Under Fridge and Freezer at end of run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm currently fitting a kitchen which has an island which has built under fridge and freezer at either end of the run.

This means that I have no cabinets to fix my corner posts, end panels and backing panels to.

Is the best/simplest way to build some form of frame to hold the panels in place? If so how am I best to get this rigid if i cannot attach to the appliances?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Right angle brackets fitted to end panel then to floor & worktop.

I forgot to mention that its going to be a quartz top and I don't have anything to do with it. i have to have my part finished before the top goes in.
I thought it would just be connected to the floor and top but i'll have to figure something else out with getting the top secure.

Hi, im in the same situation, worktop suppliers have asked for all cabinets decor and end panels fitted before they come for templating and fitting, what have people done to attach the end panel to something when an appliance is on the end of a run?
Thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
Hi, im in the same situation, worktop suppliers have asked for all cabinets decor and end panels fitted before they come for templating and fitting, what have people done to attach the end panel to something when an appliance is on the end of a run?
Thanks
Rich
Think hijacking a 9 year old post is not the best way to solve your problem, good effort for searching first though.
Can you fix to the floor? If yes then fix to back as normal (coffinlocks or other pull type fixings would be better but angle brackets would do), same at the floor (obvs back far enough so bracket won't be visible when appliance is in place). If there's enough clearance between top of appliance and underside of worktop (18mm plus), use a strip of chipboard to bridge from end panel to next unit. If there isn't room for chipboard, get a length of 3mm drilled strap, bend it to fit as a hard U (cut to length as well) and use that as your bridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back