Fitting carpet to a solid floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am buying a flat with solid floors, they currently have lino fitted.

I want carpets fitted but was wondering, should I leave the lino down for extra noise insulation and add the underlay and carpet?

How is Grip rod fitted to a solid concrete floor?

Sponsored Links
Best to uplift the lino if possible, generally,if concrete gripper cannot be pinned into the floor, you can stick the gripper with builders adhesive like Gripp-Fill. If the lino is in place, you will need to clear the edges to allow for the gripper anyway. You will need to cut the gripper into shorter lengths to make glueing easier, and you would be best to double bank the gripper on larger areas on the ends of the rooms to give a more secure hold for the carpet if possible.

Thanks for the reply.

I was just going to pull the old lino up but thought it might add a bit of sound insulation so did think of cutting away 3 inches all the way round the edge and leaving the rest down.

I hope Grip Fil would hold the grip rod in place securely.

Thanks for the tip about doubling it up in places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back