Fitting conservatory blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a small conservatory built on the back of the house and basically I just need 3 1500mm x 460mm blinds for the windows on the front (I have a 3/4 wall on one side and full wall on the other).

Looking round the net it seems that companies charge a fortune for conservatory blinds.

Can I just but "normal" blinds and fit them myself ?

I found one site that does made-to-measure blinds but it mentions something about "........ be careful when fitting them in a conservatory, not to screw into the sealed unit".

Daft question, but what is the sealed unit ? Is it easy to identify what is NOT the sealed unit ?

Cheers

Mike

Sponsored Links
sealed unit is the glass, the clear bit you see through! :LOL: But I expect what they mean is to be careful because the glass goes into the frame about half an inch, sometimes more.

The people who build ours inserted a wood strip between the roof and the windows, covered in plastic trim. This provides the fixing point for the curtain poles etc. It is difficult to get a good fixing in just plastic. And the window frames in our conservatory are metal-reinforced, as I found when trying to mount a floodlight to the corner. :( All windows / conservatories / builders work differently, so yours may be different. There is no reason you cant fit normal blinds yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back