Attaching Venetian Blinds to uPVC Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering options for installing ventian blinds in a conservatory.

When I applied for planning permission the council kindly decided to pass on my personal details (without my consent) to various conservatory builders and blind companies, who have since continued to send me junk mail.

Anyway, all of these conservatory blind companies do venetian blinds, but I'm not sure how they attach to the uPVC conservatory frame. I'd rather just buy them from a DIY store and put them up myself, but am not sure whether I need special fixings for uPVC.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Sponsored Links
Blinds from Ikea don't come with fixings, you have to buy them separately - any advice on which size screws would be ideal?

Depends on the thickness of your upvc, I went out to a job last week to see the damage a national blind installer had done, he had fixed roof blinds into a conservatory with 2" screws, looked lovely until it rained....
He had screwed through the frame and into the external concealled rain valley.....
Returning next week to repair the holes once the roof has come off.
So to recap, try 1", or drill a small hole push a meat skewer in until it stops then record the distance its travelled which will give you the max size screws required before causing any damage,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back