Fitting Gas Cooker

[[i]quote="namsag";p="1926267"]And you all believe this is a real scenario .
The OP has managed to hit all the bullet points that upset you all on here all the time.
BG, certificate, private job, not fitted to MI`S no tax paid etc etc.

If this happened
to youselves with any job done in your house would the first port of call not be the guy who done it and not an internet chat room[/quote][/i]

Yea, you are possibly correct! If not, though, and to the OP, was he registered (as an operative) for COOKERS?

Sponsored Links
is homer the new pc way of saying foreigner
but on cooker no cert is required
and ask him to do alteration or get some one in to do it

Sponsored Links
am i the only one thinking the manufacturers agent is being a bit of a pri%k. Typical service agent style, get out of the job at any cost ?? Ok so the connection isn't in the exact right place? is it dangerous? doesnt sound like it, is it causing the clock to go faulty ? highly unlikely?
I'm not particularly happy about people doing PJs either, but it happens, I've done them, everyone does it. As long as they stick to cooker installs etc I'm not particularly bothered.. If they're quoting against me on boiler changes and other install work thats another kettle of fish.
Only way out is to get him or someone else to put the pipe in the right place, but thats flaming obvious surely???
Just goes to show, some manufacturers will try anything not to pay for a warranty repair.

mickyg";p="1927266 said:
am i the only one thinking the manufacturers agent is being a bit of a pri%k. Typical service agent style, get out of the job at any cost ?? Ok so the connection isn't in the exact right place? is it dangerous? doesnt sound like it, is it causing the clock to go faulty ? highly unlikely?

My thoughts entirely! Why make life difficult for clients, they will buy another cooker at some point.

Only way out is to get him or someone else to put the pipe in the right place, but thats flaming obvious surely???
Just goes to show, some manufacturers will try anything not to pay for a warranty repair.
No your not and some of the cookers especially italian ones coming in to the country mean you cannot fit the bayonet behind it, you have to fit it at the side or it wont fit back ! even if you use a straight wallplate.
Several times on new kitchen fits the cabinet at the side has had to be altered and the back partially cut out to suit the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back