Fitting Grohe monobloc tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grohe mono block basin mixer to fit in my bathroom. It has fixed 10mm chrome tails.The pipes behind the sink have service valves. Could someone adivse me on the correct sort of connecter I should use?

I'm also wondering if it's easier for me just to trim the fixed tails and use flexible connectors from the service valves to the end of the tails.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Flexis will make it easier but will restrict the flow. You should be able to get some 15×10mm reducing sets so that the tails can be fitted straight into the old valves, in theory. A picture would help...

Thanks, Muggles. I've attached pics of the tap and pipes. The current tap has flexible tails, these screw into the tap, so aren't any use with the new tap with fixed tails.

[/img]

156000_155136_28927_29486311_thumb.jpg
[/url][/img]

Yeah, as before, you should be able to connect the rigid tails on your new tap directly into the valves using 15×10mm reducing sets

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Muggles.

One further question. The pipes are about 40-50mm apart but the tails are close together. The pipes do have some movement in them, so could I get away without bending tails when connecting them? Or would this put undue stress on the pipes and/or tails? With my limited plumbing experience I'm not sure I'm up to bending them.

They're normally made of annealed (softened) metal and should bend by hand quite easily, just make sure they're fully screwed into the tap before you bend! Also the limit is generally given at around 15º of bend, you may get away with more but watch out of signs of the pipe buckling, if it looks like it might then stop!

If the chrome tails are screwed in rather than brazed to the tap then you could unscrew them and replace with flexi pipes again. The flexi pipes have various diameter end fittings and some have the hexagon for spannering them in off set so theres no knocking one against the other in tight corners. Lube any o rings well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back